We value learning new things and sharing our knowledge, so we take time each week to share with one another what we've discovered or figured out. We realize that this may be of interest to people outside Agaric, especially those who work alone or are in organizations that do not encourage skill-sharing. Thus, we are inviting partners, students, colleagues—and you—to take part in watching or giving short presentations.
Join Show and Tell NOW
or click on the image below to join the Show and Tell chat.
Once a week we gather at Canopy City 14 Tyler St. Somerville (http://canopy.city), to share things we know, in person. We also meet online (see the calendar below) and we host presentations by developers, with each presentation usually 5 to 15 minutes long. If you cannot join us in person, there is a link below to the online chat experience, just click on the image.
In the past, Show and Tell topics have ranged from migrating HTML into Drupal to bookkeeping with GnuCash to making Drupal administration easier with Filter Permission module to chatting Off the Record to starting with the Pelican Python-powered static site generator.
When we plan the next event, a calendar with upcoming Show and Tell dates will appear here.
We are using the free and self hosted, secure and encrypted video conferencing tool called Jitsi for show and tell, and if you happen to have any problems during the chat, we can help you get them into the Jitsi issue queue.
One current issue we are looking at is the screensharing option in Jitsi...
If you want to enable desktop sharing, you will need to be running either Chrome or Chromium:
- Download the desktop sharing application: https://meet.mayfirst.org/desktop-sharing.tgz
- Unpack the folder: tar -xzvf desktop-sharing.tgz on Linux, or double click on Windows or Mac.
- Type the following into your browser address window: chrome://extensions
- Check the "Developer Mode" checkbox in the top right corner
- Click "Load Unpacked Extension"
- Navigate to the unpacked folder and open it
- You should now see a new extension called "Mayfirst's Jitsi Desktop Streamer." Click the Enable checkbox.
- Now, open a Jitsi Meet conference and you can click on the Share Screen option
- Troubleshooting Tips
Click on the image to join Show and Tell chat.